MISNS is dedicated to serving others in any way that we can. Based on our research and the work of others in the field with whom we have alliances, we have developed continuing education units, conferences and internships. Using virtual classroom platforms, social media networks, and international partners, we provide training to practitioners around the world. Check out some of our services below.
2023 Comprehensive Moral Injury Conference (CMIC) Hybrid Event.
- Dates: June 6-8, 2023.
- This is the premier moral injury conference of the year!
- Purpose: The 2023 Comprehensive Moral Injury Conference (CMIC) will help bridge the gap in knowledge by presenting introductory and intermediate level instruction on MI research, assessment tools, and interventions being used by thought leaders and practitioners.
- Who should attend? Psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors, nurses, and chaplains.
- Participants will receive up to 12 hours of continuing education credit.
- Location: Hilton Peachtree City Atlanta Hotel & Conference Center.
- Participants may attend in person or online.
- All participants will receive access to recordings, copies of slides and materials made available by presenters, and brochures from sponsors.
- Find out more and register at: Conference Page.
MISNS maintains a robust internship program that prepares leaders for greater service in business, public policy and management, non-profits, and community health. Interns serve in unpaid positions but gain the benefits of:
The Tubman Chaplain Network (TCN) is a group of volunteer chaplains who are dedicated to helping servicewomen. TCN is named in honor of the deeply religious, courageous, and strong leader of the Underground Railroad. TCN represents the actions of Harriet Tubman who helped guide women towards personal freedom through strength and empowerment.
We hold three-hour events in a classroom, auditorium, or conference setting. The instructor will offer instructional material and facilitate feedback and discussion from the audience. Oue seminars are highly interactive and will challenge participants to think deeply about their own perspectives and attitudes. Themes include the ministry to women in the military, moral injury, counseling, pastoral support to sexual assault survivors, avoiding bias in support roles, and many other subjects. Price: $3,000. Pricing includes travel within the continental United States (CONUS). Travel and lodging costs will be added for events outside of CONUS.
Workshops take one to two days and involve theoretical discussions, hands-on training, practical exercises, and group activities. Price: $5,000 for a one-day, 6-8 hour workshop, $9,000 for two-day workshop.
MISNS will work with seminaries, professional associations, and religious organizations to develop new courses. We aim to create or modify existing curriculum so that chaplains are better prepared to help our servicewoman. Prices vary by project.
We are looking for research partners, organizations that provide support to military personnel, veterans, and their families. We believe these organizations, who have invested time, money and energy into the veteran community, are in the best position to help us design, recruit, and conduct the research study. If you belong to one of those organizations, visit our partner page for more information: Partner Page.
Copyright Moral Injury Support Network for Servicewomen, Inc. 2022 – All rights reserved