Opportunity to Serve
Ninety-five percent of military chaplains are men. Many military women do not feel comfortable seeking emotional and spiritual support from male chaplains. Servicewomen face unique challenges that only other women may understand.
The Tubman Chaplain Network offers women chaplains the opportunity to serve and support military servicewomen and veterans who do not have access to a chaplain that they trust.
TCN chaplains serve as volunteers and do not charge fees for their services. They must be able to respond to a request for support within 48 hours from the time a woman veteran contacts the network.
Chaplains who serve in the Tubman Chaplain Network must:
- self-identify as a woman,
- possess a Master of Divinity or Theology degree, and
- have at least 2 years of full or part-time experience in providing pastoral counseling. Qualifying experience may include chaplaincy, pastoral work, and other spiritual/religious counseling settings.
These three requirements are not waiverable.
Benefits of Network Membership
We provide the following benefits to all of our chaplains:
- Liability insurance through the American Professional Agency.
- Annual training to sharpen skills and learn about the latest research and information on moral injury.
- Ministry experience that could enhance chaplains’ full-time careers.
To help cover infrastructure and staff costs, we ask chaplains to support us through an annual subscription fee of $150. In the future, we may waive this fee if we are able to raise enough funds through other sources such as grants and donations.
To apply, complete the form below. The Director will notify you if your application meets the requirements and if you have been selected to serve in the network. Once selected, we will schedule you for training and ask you to pay the subscription fee, which will cover your insurance and training for a year. Email Dr. Daniel Roberts with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910-701-0306.